Shao Yang, vice president of marketing in the consumer business group, told Reuters: "We recorded faster growth in areas such as Middle East and Africa and Latin America, with 275% and 550% year-on-year growth in the second quarter, respectively."
The firm believes that the release of smartphone models such as the Ascend P7 have helped sales.
1. Huawei shipped 20.56 million smartphones to foreign markets in Asia, Lat America, Africa and the Middle East. This is an increase of 85% over 2013. Shipments rocketed 120% in Europe, 180% in Asia-Pacific, 275% in Latin America, and a whopping 550% in the Middle East and Africa.
2. Huawei shifted 43% of its predicted annual sales in the first six months of 2014. To meet its annual target of 80 million shipments, Huawei is going to have to up its game ever so slightly.
3. Smartphones accounted for 97% of Huawei's global handset shipments.
4. It still has to catch up with Apple's sales in China. Apple has a firm grip on the premium handset market in that region.
5. In terms of global shipments, Huawei still hs yet to make any serious threats to Apple and Samsung dominance. Huawei commands a 4.7% share in the global smartphone market, compared to Samsung's 30.8% and Apple's 15.2%.
Absolute® Software specialises in technology and services for the management and security of mobile computers and smartphones.
Established in 1957, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, promotes wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information...
Geodis Wilson is a leading global freight management company, providing IT solutions based on transparent e-Services and delivering tailor-made,...