1. I think women bring a different perspective to computing, they are more thoughtful and less inclined to go straight for technical fixes
- Karen Sparck Jones, British Computer Scientist (BCS)
2. I always tell women to use the fact that we offer a different point of view in a room full of men, to their advantage. Because we often stand out, we gain a unique platform to demonstrate our knowledge and capabilities
- Padmasree Warrior, CTO of Cisco (Blog post)
3. Most of the entrepreneurs in technology companies in Silicon Valley are guys. This phenomenon of very few women entrepreneurs I think is not confined to but particularly prevalent in technology
- Meg Whitman, chief executive of Hewlett-Packardm, below (Makers)
4. For whatever reason, I didn't succumb to the stereotype that science wasn't for girls. I got encouragement from my parents. I never ran into a teacher or a counsellor who told me that science was for boys. A lot of my friends did
- Sally Ride, first American woman in space (USA today)
5. I'm not a woman at Google, I'm a geek at Google. If you can find something that you're really passionate about, whether you're a man or a woman comes a lot less into play. Passion is a gender-neutralizing force
- Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo (CNN)
ClickSoftware is engaged in service and workforce management software solutions and products.
Teneo is an infrastructure optimization company, providing solutions that help customers with the management, performance and virtualization of...
Established in 1957, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, promotes wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information...