In an industry that is based around innovation and development, technology can be inspiring and life changing. Here is a pick of ten of the best inspirational technology quotes.
10. Technology can do some amazing things, Clarke recognises its potential to be out of this world:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke
9. Jobs announcing the latest innovation, the humble iPhone. Little did he know how much of a change he was making:
"An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator... these are NOT three separate devices! And we are calling it iPhone! Today Apple is going to reinvent the phone. And here it is."
- Steve Jobs
8. Technology is powered through the need to do a lot less with a lot more, using new tools to make our lives easier:
"All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness."
- Mark Kennedy
7. Science goes hand in hand with technology:
"The science of today is the technology of tomorrow."
- Edward Teller
6. Bill Gates acknowledges this amazing time for technology:
"Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to so many in so short a time."
- Bill Gates
5. The power of the internet:
"The telephone wire, as we know it, has become too slow and too small to handle Internet traffic. It took 75 years for telephones to be used by 50 million customers, but it took only four years for the Internet to reach that many users."
- Lori Valigra
4. Technology is all about what is new, it has a short shelf life:
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."
- Steve Jobs
3. There are many famous quotes about the misconception of the future of computers and just how much of our world they would dominate:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- IBM chairman, Thomas Watson, 1943
2. Innovation only comes from making mistakes and learning:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Edison
1. Perhaps the greatest voice for inspiration technology quotes, Steve Jobs, summing up his love for Apple and the products they were creating:
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me."
- Steve Jobs
Teneo is an infrastructure optimization company, providing solutions that help customers with the management, performance and virtualization of...
Established in 1957, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, promotes wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information...
ClickSoftware is engaged in service and workforce management software solutions and products.