The skyHawk, which recently became available in the UK, is an all-flash enterprise solid-state storage system built from the ground up in an effort to provide the most demanding enterprise customers with best-of-breed hardware and software.
Described as "completely integrated and completely seamless", Skera says the storage platform combines affordability and performance in the "only viable all-flash array to break the price barrier for mainstream enterprise storage".
skyHawk's vertically integrated hardware and software solution combines the attributes of a purpose-built flash storage array, designed to maximise flash performance, with a rich feature set of storage software tools.
With this solution, enterprise customers can utilise solid-state technology as a direct replacement for traditional hard disk drives, bringing "unparalleled performance, speed and capacity" to all of their applications, while reducing costs for power consumption and physical space.
What Skyera says:
- High performance and low latency to meet broad data requirements.
- Superior data reduction to minimize storage costs.
- Superior power, cooling and space utilisation achieve lower total cost of ownership.
This is an entry-level array for midsized companies, distributed operations and single-application deployments.
As Pure Storage says: "Don't let its small size fool you." The FA-405 aims to punch above its weight, offering up to 40TB of usable space in a 1U controller form factor, making it ideal for top-of-rack and entry-level configurations. Running on the same Purity 4.0 software as its higher capacity counterparts, the FA-405 has been designed to deliver all the power, performance and enterprise-class features of the Pure Storage's FA-420 and FA-450 arrays, with the budget and space conscious requirements of smaller and distributed businesses in mind.
The FA-405 could also be ideal for single-application starter deployments, such as VDI pilots or single database acceleration, and can be upgraded non-disruptively to a FA-420 or FA-450 system, as a customer's capacity or performance needs expand.
What Pure Storage says:
- Up to 100,000 32K IOPS @ <1ms average latency.
- 3 GB/s bandwidth.
- Up to 40+ TBs effective capacity.
- 2.75-11 TB raw capacity.
- 4 x 10 Gb/s Ethernet iSCSI or
- 4 x 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel and 4 x 10Gb/s Ethernet iSCSI or
- 4 x 10 Gb/s Ethernet iSCSI (all 405 systems include Replication Ports).
Nimbus Data claims its all-flash arrays, Gemini F400 and F600, break new ground as the first arrays to utilise 1x nanometer MLC flash, directly challenging hybrid HDD/SSD arrays on cost-per-gigabyte for server virtualisation and VDI while delivering the superior reliability, consistent performance, and lower operating costs of all-flash storage.
The Gemini F400 and F600 also set new performance records, deliver 2-5x greater IOps and lower latency than competing offerings, strengthening Nimbus Data's position in the market in low-latency applications like databases, analytics, and OLTP, according to the company.
What Nimbus Data says:
- 100% flash memory for unrivalled performance.
- Industry's best efficiency and lowest operating costs.
- High availability with no single-point-of-failure.
- FC, iSCSI, NFS, SRP, IPoIB, RDMA, and SMB protocols.
- Patent-pending architecture and flash management.
- Ethernet, Fibre Channel and Infiniband connectivity.
- Complete data protection and optimisation software.
- Hot-swap everything with live expansion/upgrades.
The HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 storage is marketed as the only all-flash array in the industry that delivers the performance advantages of a purpose-built, flash-optimised architecture without compromising resiliency, efficiency, or data mobility. A flash-optimised architecture reduces the performance bottlenecks that can choke general-purpose disk arrays that have been retrofitted with solid-state disks (SSDs).
However, unlike other purpose-built flash arrays, HP says the 3PAR StoreServ 7450 doesn't require you to introduce an entirely new architecture into your environment to achieve flash-optimised performance.
You could accelerate business agility by boosting application performance with more than 900,000 IOPS at less than 0.7 milliseconds (ms) latency while delivering the same Tier 1 data services from the storage platform that powers 3 of the world's 4 largest Managed Service Providers.
What HP says:
- Achieve sub-millisecond response time for your critical applications by hosting them on HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 Storage.
- Consolidate numerous applications without compromising on performance.
- Lower your data centre power consumption and space requirements with 3PAR all flash array.
- Scale non-disruptively to four nodes, adding performance and capacity.
Storage economics presents a major shift in the way companies assess their storage requirements and investment returns, from one focused on capital...
Mimecast is a rapidly expanding Software as a Service (SAAS) company. We provide an online technology platform that radically improves the way...
Established in 1957, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, promotes wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information...
The Neverfail Group is dedicated to creating a world where business applications are continuously available. High Availability, Disaster Recovery...