Comprehensive product refresh includes sub $20k all flash model
The flash market is bucking the hardware market woes as demand growth continues, up 46% according to Gartner.
HP is seeing a rapid move to all flash data centres and wants to capitalise on this with its 3Par brand with a comprehensive product line refresh across models, software updates and integration enhancements.
The firm’s 8000 Storserve promises double the workload and flash-optimized quality of service (QoS) controls.
HP launched a new eight-controller HP 3PAR StoreServ 20800 AFA Starter Kit and software updates for the full HP 3PAR StoreServ family.
HP pushes itself as being the only vendor to span from a $19K entry price to multi-petabyte systems reaching 3.2 million IOPs, with scale-out capabilities from 2 to 8 controllers.
"Regardless of your size, budget, growth rate, quality of service requirements, or even your storage network environment, HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage offers a best-in-class flash solution to power your public, private, or hybrid cloud with uncompromising adaptability from a single architecture," said Manish Goel, senior vice president and general manager, HP Storage.
The 8000 family delivers up to 5.5 petabytes of usable flash capacity within a single floor tile without compromising data services or scalability.
Additionally, HP introduced new models in the eight-controller 20000 family, including a 20800 All-Flash Starter Kit starting at US $99K.
The line up includes 3PAR StoreServ 20450, an All-Flash Array which scales to 6 petabytes and 1.8 million IOPS.
Both the 8000 and 20000 flash arrays are now certified for SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI).
HP 3PAR File Persona software has been enhanced to support even larger unstructured data applications, meaning customers can expand consolidation of both file and block workloads on a single, Tier-1 flash platform.(12)
Built-in automation of flash-optimized data services to boost agility and reduce risk
HP announced enhancements to the HP 3PAR Operating System and protection enhancements for VMware environments.
Pricing and Availability
– All-flash HP 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage systems are available worldwide, orderable immediately with US street pricing starting from $19,479.
– The 20800 All-Flash Starter Kit with 2 controllers, 8 x 480GB cMLC SSD drives, and 3 years of Proactive Care 24×7 support, is available worldwide, orderable September 2015 with US street pricing starting at $99,995.
– The 20450 All-Flash Arrays are available worldwide, orderable immediately with US street pricing starting from $85,167.
– HP 3PAR Priority Optimization is available worldwide as part of the HP 3PAR Data Optimization Suite starting at $1,210.
– HP Smart SAN 1.0 is available worldwide, licensed on a per-system basis, starting at $200 for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 and 8000 models.
– RMC-V 1.2 available worldwide in October 2015 and is licensed per-array, starting at US $2,500.