The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists Enterprise Awards recognise the businesswomen and men who are building the UK’s digital economy.
The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists Enterprise Awards celebrated the entrepreneurial companies and individuals driving tech in the UK.
– Young Entrepreneur – Tom Hatten/RefME
– Serial Entrepreneur (For entrepreneurs over the age of 50 when they founded their businesses) – Ed Macnair/Censornet
– Emerging Entrepreneur (Revs <£1m) – Becky Downing/BuzzMove
– Developing Entrepreneur (Rev £1-£5m) – Ian O’Rourke/Adthana
– Social – Hellen Bowey/Alcove
– Public – Simon Hansford/Skyscape
– Female Entrepreneur – Joanne Smith/RecordSure
– Enterprise (Revenues >£5m) – Steve King & Hugo Amos BlackSwan
– ScaleUp (for consistent high growth) – Adam Hale/Fairsail
– Judges Award for Potential – Rhydian Lewis & Peter Beherens/RateSetter
– Judges Award for Innovation – Steve Cliffe/Ultrahaptics
– Mentor Award – Nick Travis/Smith & Williamson
George O’Connor, technology lead at Panmure Gordon, said: "I have been a judge for many years at these awards. Each year I am amazed and enthused by the quality and quantity of the companies coming through – they get better and better and are all an inspiration. Dear investors please look though the winners list – and be similarly encouraged about the state of UK tech-conomy."
Stephen Kelly, CEO Sage, addressed the audience with a call to continue to build the economy and for tech business leaders to lead from the front.