Some of the best offerings from HP, Dell, Pure Storage, Skyera and Nimbus Data.
Dell Storage SC4020
Part of the new Dell Storage SC4000 Series arrays, Dell Storage SC4020 can scale to more than 400 terabytes of raw capacity. It supports a wide range of workloads for organisations, across all industries and sizes, seeking a high-performing, mid-sized SAN entry point or a remote or branch office storage solution.
For example, the Dell Storage SC4020 can host up to 10,000 Microsoft Exchange 2013 user mailboxes in a single 2U SAN with 24 hard disk drives or can achieve nearly 120,000 IOPS (input-output operations per second) with less than one millisecond latency for OLTP or mixed workloads.
The Dell Storage SC4020 is also said to provide an excellent replication partner for Dell Compellent SC8000 arrays, allowing customers to seamlessly connect and manage arrays together with a single, centralised management interface that can help simplify operations and reduce total cost of ownership.
Alan Atkinson, VP and GM, Dell Storage, said: "The Dell Storage SC4000 Series is redefining the economics of enterprise storage, offering the advanced capabilities of larger-scale enterprise storage and outstanding price for performance to help customers with mid-tier storage needs become more competitive."
What Dell says:
– Highly efficient SAN and compact size, making it ideal for mid-sized needs or remote or branch office deployments.
– Enterprise-class performance with dual controller capability and SAN optimised for all-flash or hybrid SSD/HDD configurations.
– Advanced software capabilities, such as real-time automated tiering, replication, thin provisioning, snapshots and centralised management for multiple local and remote SANs.
– Perpetual software licensing that enables customers to pay only once for software features, even across hardware upgrades.
– Unified storage with the ability to manage both block and file storage, with the Dell Fluid File System, from a single management console.