In a strategic marketing move, the Swedish mobile operator Europolitan Vodafone plans to change its name to just Vodafone from next April.
The name change is an integral part of the international profiling process initiated by Europolitan in February this year when it added Vodafone to its name. On January 1, 2001, Europolitan Vodafone will launch its mainly TV-based branding campaign to increase awareness of the Vodafone brand.
The company’s majority owner is Vodafone Group, with 71% of Europolitan Holdings AB. Private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29%.