Reports had said online group Anonymous blocked the website on Thursday
Yemen’s official news agency has said that the reported attacks on the President’s website did not take place.
Late last week there were reports, including on the BBC, that the online hacktivist group Anonymous had blocked the website of Yemen’s President Ali Abdullah Saleh – the target of anti-government protests.
Last week, there were attacks on the websites of Egypt’s ruling party and ministry of information last week. And last month Anonymous had reportedly blocked Tunisian government’s official site.
The group is believed to have turned its attention to Yemen in its aim to win greater net freedoms.
However, Yemen has denied that the website of its President was brought down by hackers last week.
The Saba news agency said, "The president’s website, which is directed by Saba, has been operating normally round the clock and was not hacked."