Indian IT services vendor Zensar Technologies is setting up a joint venture with EZA, a Japanese firm focused on developing software for the media and entertainment industry.
Zensar will have a 60% stake in the new business, to be known as Zensar Advanced Technologies, with EZA owning the remaining 40%. The deal is expected to be finalized by the end of next week.
EZA has developed an application which enables movies and other media to be broadcast wirelessly over the internet to devices such as mobile phones. The company has about 30 employees and works with customers such as Japan Railways, NEC, and Unisys. Zensar said it expects the new JV to generate revenue of $20m by the end of fiscal 2009.
In February, Zensar announced the acquisition of US Oracle integrator ThoughtDigital for an undisclosed sum. The deal is expected to increase Zensar’s revenue run-rate to over $100m per year.